Detoxing is a great way to give your body a boost, and there are so many ways to do it. Some people turn to an extreme 10- day smoothie cleanse; other moderate by changing their eating habits to include more salads, juice and pure ingredients in their daily menu. My body tells me it’s time for a detox when I start craving more green veggies, vitamins and heart-warming soups. That’s when I choose the tastiest—and healthies — organic products, like quinoa. When I regularly eat dishes featuring this super ingredient, I start feeling lighter, more energetic, and generally more comfortable in my skin. This recipe is one of my favourites, perfect for a detox.
If you’re cutting carbs and want to fuel your body with vegetables and organic proteins, then this recipe has you covered. There is almost nothing better than well-marinated, baked tempeh. One major plus point: tempeh is a fermented soy product that is easier to digest than tofu and has many health benefits. Alongside this, the cauliflower rice is a fabulous invention: new, but so incredibly good!
Recipe for 4 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1. Cut the tempeh into small blocks of around 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm. Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together, then add the tempeh.
2. Heat 1 ½ tbs of coconut oil and stir fry the mushrooms until they turn brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat another 1 tbs of coconut oil and fry the tempeh in it for around seven minutes until done. Be careful while stirring; you don’t want it to fall apart. Make sure all the sides are equally browned.
4. Heat more coconut oil and stir fry the sugar snaps on a high flame until they start to colour on both sides. Season with salt to taste.
5. Remove the sugar snaps from the pan and stir fry the cauliflower “rice” for around 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the tempeh and mix together thoroughly.
6. Divide the rice onto the plates, add the sugar snaps and garnish with the fresh herbs, red chili peppers and spring onion.
TIP: Also goes well with the tahini dressing from the Buddha Bowl.
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and be the first to know about events, promotions, competitions and more.