Asian cod with stir-fried greens
Feb 10, 2021
- 5 tbsp reduced salt dark soy sauce
- 1 star anise
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g boneless cod fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, cut roughly into 4cm pieces
- 1 Chinese leaf lettuce, finely shredded
- 200g pak choi, stems removed and sliced
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce with the star anise, fish sauce, palm sugar and cinnamon. Pour the mix over the cod and place in a pot with a covered lid. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the fish is just cooked – it should be just flaking and translucent.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute, stirring to prevent them from burning. Add the broccoli with a splash of water and cook for 2 minutes or until just softened. Add the Chinese leaf lettuce and pak choi and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the sesame oil and the remaining soy sauce.
- Once the fish is cooked, move it to a plate and keep warm. Place the pot with the sauce back on the hob over a medium heat and cook for 3 minutes until thick and sticky.
- Divide the greens between 4 plates then top with the cod, pouring over the glaze from the cooking pot. Serve with a wedge of lime on each plate.
Be the First to Know
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter and be the first to know about events, promotions, competitions and more.
By providing your details you agree to be contacted by us with occasional e-newsletters containing updates on our developments, events and deals.