About the Role
An exciting opportunity to join a fun friendly, fast growing team!
Surrey Blinds and Shutters is a family run business which has been trading for more than 12 years. We are looking for a motivated sales consultant to offer superb customer service and advice to our lovely customers.
Based in our New and Spacious Walton on Thames Showroom you will be required to offer consultations virtually via Zoom or face to face in the Showroom. Additionally, future possibility for home visits although this is not a current requirement. Experience is not necessary as full training will be given.
Additional information about the role
- Full time, 40 hours per week (5 days in 7)
- Wednesday – Sunday 9am to 5:30pm (Flexibility required)
- Based in Walton-on-Thames
- 7 Consultations a day for commercial & domestic properties
- Mixture of Zoom Video Consultations & Showroom Consultations
- Advise Customers on the best type of products to meet their needs.
- Adopt a non-pressured sales approach.
- To complete administration duties to a high standard.
- To thoroughly clean equipment and work spaces
- To assist others around you to ensure they can fulfil their role to a high standard.
- To support the Directors with the day to day running of the business.
- To always act with Honesty & Integrity in order to always do the right thing for the company and its customers.
- Some Training will occur in our central office in Farnham
- We have a very clear no pressure sales approach. As such we do not pay commission, however you would be eligible for our Bonus scheme on successful completion of your probation. Bonuses are paid on a number of criteria including customer service.
You need to have
- Practical mathematical
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A practical approach is also required to work out how the products can be fitted in unusual circumstances.
- Must be presentable and organised
- Confident at using an iPad & computer
- Able to provide lunch cover on the Surrey Home & Gifts shop floor
- A full clean driving license is preferred but not essential.
In return we offer:
- Salary – competitive with the ability to earn bonuses on completion of a 90-day probationary period.
- Full training on the products will be given, please note this will take place at our Farnham head office.
- 20 days holiday pro rata
- Generous Staff Discount (on completion of probation period)
- Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- The opportunity to join a fast growing business with opportunities to expand your skills
- We do not pay sick pay, statutory only
Over the last year we have changed the way our business works in order to keep everyone safe by offering zoom video consultations and showroom consultations which are behind a screen.
We are committed to following all government guidelines to keep our customers and colleagues safe and will expect full compliance.